Skin Health Program Courses
Skin Health Program
The Skin Health Program is continuing education for nurses and allied healthcare professionals which provides the knowledge to support quality patient outcomes through evidenced based practice in wound, ostomy or continence care.
Skin Health Program Vision
Better patient care in wound, ostomy or continence through knowledge acquisition.
Who Should Apply?
If you are a Registered Nurse, a Registered or Licensed Practical Nurse or Allied Health Professional working with patients, clients or residents living with a chronic wound, an ostomy or continence challenges, completing one of the Wound, Ostomy & Continence Institute Skin Health Program courses will ensure that you have the most up to date, best practice theory to support your care. Choose the course most relevant to your practice and patient needs.
- Discover up to date evidence supported theory in wound, ostomy and continence management.
- Understand validated assessment tools.
- Learn to use best practice knowledge to guide treatment.
- Differentiate different wound products and their application.
- Describe the qualities of wound, ostomy and continence leadership in your work place setting.
What to Expect
Join colleagues from across the country in any of these Wound, Ostomy & Continence Institute Skin Health Program Courses
- 10 weeks of guided learning supported by Canadian Nurses Specialized in Wound, Ostomy and Continence.
- Courses start in February and October ** please note during application process for February choose January as a start date and for the September start date choose October.
- Learn when and where most convenient for you.
- Individualized support and feedback.
- Best practices content from easily available textbooks and journals.
- Course load depends on prior knowledge usually 5 – 10 hours per week.
Funding Sources for Wound, Ostomy and Continence Institute Skin Health Program Courses
- For funding, check with your provincial associations.
- Receipts will be given for all courses.
Start Dates for Our Courses
Please note courses are offered twice per year: fall and winter. Our next Skin Health Program Foundations in Skin and Wound Health course will start on February 4, 2019. Our next Skin Health Foundations Ostomy Management course will start on February 11, 2019.
Applications and payment must be received 2 weeks prior to course start date. Payment for our Skin Health Program Foundations of Wound Management course you will need to choose the following option: Spotlight on Wound Management Program.