Practice Enrichment Series – Wound Management
Are you a healthcare professional interested in learning more about wound care?
Enrol today in the Practice Enrichment Series – Wound Management course offered by the Wound, Ostomy, and Continence Institute! During this 6-week, self-pace, online program you will:
- Increase your knowledge related to evidence-based care wound care
- Improve your ability to advocate for patients with wound related issues
- Enhance your ability to collaborate with wound care specialists
- Have access to virtual mentorship and knowledge consolidation opportunities with our team of CNA certified Nurses Specialized in Wound, Ostomy, and Continence (NSWOCs)
- Anatomy and Physiology of the Integumentary System
- Principles of Integumentary System Healing
- General principles of Integumentary / Wound Assessment and Management
- Wound prevention, assessment, and management
- Specific wound aetiologies (prevention, assessment, and management):
- Acute and traumatic wounds (example: skin tears, lacerations, minor burns), with a focus on post fall wound care
- Moisture associated skin damage (example: incontinence associated dermatitis, emersion foot)
- Pressure injuries
- Lower limb ulcers
- Diabetic foot ulcers
- Surgical wounds
- Skin changes at life’s end
- Wounds not healing in a predicted trajectory
- Collaborative approaches when working with interprofessional teams
- When to refer to a Wound Care Specialist
How to Apply
Step 1: Register with NSWOCC as a “Skin Health Practice Enrichment Series Associate“
In order to apply, please click the link below. You will be brought to the NSWOCC members-only page to begin your registration with NSWOCC. Please choose “Skin Health Practice Enrichment Series Associate” from the dropdown menu.
Step 2: Register for a Course
Once you complete your registration, you will have access to the members-only area. On the left-hand side of the NSWOCC members-only section home page, you will see a list of buttons under “I would like to:”
- Select “Register for Courses”.
- Select the course you’d like to register for by selecting “Add”, then choose “Register” at the bottom.
Step 3: Complete the Prerequisites
Each course has a list of prerequisites needed in order to complete your application to the program. The prerequisites are displayed in a list with a description under each one for your convenience when applying.
$600 Per Course Fee (Academic Tuition)
Optional $46 JWOCN Subscription:
If the student decides to become a member of NSWOCC, they will also have the option of purchasing a subscription to the Journal of Wound, Ostomy & Continence Nursing (JWOCN) for a fee of $46.
- 1 required text approximately $110.00
- There may be other texts required at the discretion of the program
Once you have registered for the course, please allow 48 hours for processing. You will receive a confirmation letter from the WOC-Institute with your login information.
If you have any questions please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
The following textbooks are for the indicated courses. You may order your textbooks through the Wound, Ostomy & Continence Institute Bookstore: lb.ca/wocinstitute.
Baranoski, S. & Ayello, E. A. (2016). Wound Care Essentials: Practice Principles 4th Edition. Philadelphia: Wolters Kluwer
The Wound, Ostomy and Continence Institute is wholly owned and operated by Nurses Specialized in Wound, Ostomy and Continence Canada (NSWOCC)