- This event has passed.
Foundations in Ostomy Management – Onsite Program
April 6, 2019 @ 8:00 am - April 7, 2019 @ 4:30 pm$600
This onsite program will be Held in the Auditorium of Royal Victoria Regional Health Centre at 201 Georgian Drive, Barrie, Ontario.
What to Expect
Join colleagues for this Wound, Ostomy & Continence Institute Skin Health Program Ostomy Course:
- 2 full days of onsite guided learning supported by Canadian Nurses Specialized in Wound, Ostomy and Continence.
- Education provided by the Wound, Ostomy & Continence Institute on behalf of Nurses Specialized in Wound, Ostomy & Continence Canada.
By the end of this course, the student will be able to:
- Define evidence supported theory in ostomy management;
- Describe the effective use of ostomy assessment tools;
- Determine the proper selection of ostomy products to manage effluent;
- Solve problems through effective troubleshooting;
- Demonstrate how to teach patients living with an ostomy and or their care givers to manage their ostomy;
- Identify situations where consultation with the Nurse Specialized in Wound, Ostomy and Continence is appropriate.
- Registration will begin at 8am each morning with courses starting at 8:30am and finishing at 4:30pm
- Lunch and coffee break (Coffee, tea, and juice) will be provided. Please note we are unable to cater to dietary issues.
- A refund requested prior to two weeks before the course start date will be approved minus a $100 administrative fee. No refund may be processed within two weeks of the course start date.
- Parking is available at the Health Centre for $15 per day.
- For those requiring accommodation the following hotel examples are within 10km of the venue: